- My name is Victoria Winters. The dark threads of the past are tying me to the great house on top of Widows' Hill. My search seems as endless as the corridors of Collinwood, yet I have accomplished something, I think. I have made friends with one small and terribly troubled boy.
Roger can't find his keys; David tells Roger he won't let him send him away. Vicki tells Roger that she's made friends with David and she's convinced she can help the boy. She asks him to buy some magazines for her to give to David after telling him his missing car keys are in his car. Vicki tells Liz that she saw Burke in the garage looking at Roger's car. As ordered, Roger meets with Liz before leaving to meet Burke. Roger admits he's 'disquieted' by Burke, but that nothing dire has yet happened. He points out that her attitude prior to this point was the opposite of what it is now; she points out that Roger should be at least as suspicious of Burke as he is of David. David tells Vicki that he hates Roger, who is a very terrible man who lies all the time. He hopes his father dies.
Later, Vicki goes to David, who reiterates his position that his father hates him and wants to send him away. Vicki learns that David thinks everybody but his mother, and maybe Aunt Elizabeth, hates him; he thinks Vicki's offer of friendship is a lie. David says he's not a nice boy, not at all. Vicki relates the story of a girl at the Foundling Home, who thought nobody liked her but who really didn't like herself. David says that the girl should have shot and killed all the people who didn't like her. Vicki convinces David to give his father a chance; Liz tells Roger she wishes he weren't going into town but doesn't tell him about Burke and the car. David asks Roger if he has to take his car into town to-night. Roger is typically cold and tells David to go to bed rather than answering the boy's question about sending him away. Liz gets a call from Burke and asks Vicki to sit with her. She tells her that the House speaks to her. She confirms David’s beliefs in Roger's hatred but Vicki need not be concerned with why. Roger goes offroading unintentionally after David says, "He's going to die mother, he's going to die!" The family learns that Roger was in an accident.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Ohrbach's is mispelled as "ORHBACH'S" in the credits.
End credits announcementsEdit
- 'Where The Action Is' made it's debut one year ago with top recording stars performing where the fun is. Come along for a real good time next, here on ABC.
- Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis production.