|← 1243 →|
March 22, 1971
|We have 4 images of Dark Shadows 1243|
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1841. For over a century and a half the Collins family has been haunted by a curse set upon them by one of their own ancestors. On the night that is approaching, Kendrick Young, who has just married into the family, is waiting to enter the legendary locked room. He will never enter, for another member of the family, motivated by insane jealousy, has committed an act of violence which could lead to the final downfall of the Collins family.
Catherine and Bramwell pine through doors; Bramwell reads Catherine the note which lured him to Collinwood. Morgan outs Catherine and Julia figures out Morgan’s rationale for locking up Bramwell.
Julia holds her information, as always, and then she and Kendrick race to the Room to try to keep Bramwell from touching the corpses. Bramwell nears fondling them before Julia arrives.
Morgan promises to let Bramwell out after Catherine promises she’ll never look at him again if he does; but he tricks her and tosses her into the room.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins →
- ← Grayson Hall as Julia Collins →
- ← John Karlen as Kendrick Young →
- ← Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins →
- ← Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins →
Background information and notes Edit
- A dark vertical band can be seen on the left side of screen affecting one camera.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood foyer.
- Julia recalls when she and Morgan went into the secret file room leading from locked room (as seen in 1235).
- Morgan's behavior in this episode, where he forces Catherine into the locked room (which is understandable after Morgan learned the truth about Catherine carrying Bramwell's child) contrasts with his actions in 1221 where he refused to let her enter.
- TIMELINE: 8pm: Julia and Kendrick in the drawing room.