|← 1242 →|
March 19, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1242|
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1841. A time when terror held sway over the Collins family. Terror brought on by a one hundred and sixty year old curse. Once again a member of the family has been chosen to go into the legendary locked room that has brought death or madness to all who have spent a night in it. The time it is Kendrick Young, related through his sudden marriage to Melanie Collins. Tomorrow night he will enter its doors to survive or perish. Meanwhile, another drama is unfolding in the gazebo... a drama that will lead to attempted murder.
Morgan contemplates murder. Daphne's funeral is held. Morgan writes a note asking Bramwell to go to the remote part of Collinwood. Kendrick waits for night so he can go in to the locked room. Morgan knocks out Bramwell and locks him in the room. Morgan announces that he has locked Bramwell in the room. Catherine runs to Bramwell.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins →
- ← Grayson Hall as Julia Collins →
- ← John Karlen as Kendrick Young →
- ← Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins →
- ← Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins →
Background information and notes Edit
- Morgan has known Catherine all his life.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Bramwell: (reads letter) / The child; Kendrick: I must break the curse.
- TIMELINE: Kendrick will enter locked room tomorrow night. Daphne's funeral is tomorrow. Day 454 begins, and will end in 1244. Morgan arranges to meet Bramwell at 5pm. 4pm: Three hours until nightfall. 4:50pm: Bramwell enters Collinwood. 5:30pm: Thirty minutes until Kendrick enters the locked room.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Near the end of the episode while Kendrick is pacing in the drawing room, a crew member can be heard whispering, "Here she comes," right before the clock chimes 5:30.