|← 1237 →|
March 11, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1237|
- Collinwood in 1841. An atmosphere of terror envelopes the great house. On this night, as the result of a curse that has haunted the Collins family for over a century and a half, a madman is on the loose somewhere on the estate. A search is on to find Gabriel Collins before he commits murder. Meanwhile, another member of the family, Melanie Collins, has made the decision to marry Kendrick Young. She is unaware that this will be the most fateful night of her life.
Kendrick prevents Gabriel from killing Melanie and chases him away. Morgan stalks Gabriel through Collinwood's secret passages. Melanie tells Kenrick that Carrie had a vision that her mother is alive, but Julia prevented her from revealing more. Gabriel is impaled on a sword belonging to a displayed suit of armor. Kendrick implores Carrie to tell more of her vision, and she relents, revealing the identity of Melanie's mother to Kendrick (but out of the audience's hearing). Kendrick arranges for Melanie to come face to face with her mother.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Morgan: Come out in the open.
- Gabriel: I will, dear brother, as soon as I tire of the game. You think I'm there? Well I'm not! I'm here!
- Morgan: (pause) Are you still here? Gabriel, speak to me!
- (they struggle)
- Gabriel: (final line) And now dear brother, I'm going to kill you.
- Kendrick: Carrie, believe me, you have done the right thing. Thank you.
- Carrie: (final line) Where are you going?
- Kendrick: I have a few words to say, to Melanie's mother.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- Kathy Cody as Carrie Stokes (PT)
- John Karlen as Kendrick Young
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins (PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- Final appearance of actor Christopher Pennock and the character Gabriel Collins (PT)
- Final appearance of actress Kathy Cody and the character Carrie Stokes (PT).
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood foyer.