|← 1235 →|
March 9, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1235|
- 1841. The Collins family lives in perpetual fear, fear of a curse inflicted upon them by one of their own ancestors; Brutus Collins, 160 years ago. Since then each generation has known the terror of the locked room in the abandoned west wing, for all who have entered the room have either died or gone mad. Some time ago, Gabriel Collins spent only part of a night in the room and came out violently insane. For their own protection the family has kept Gabriel a prisoner in the north tower. But on this night they will learn how impossible it is to keep a madman under lock and key.
Morgan rescues Julia from the tower room where she had been attacked by Gabriel, who in turn fled. Daphne's condition becomes grave and she tells Bramwell that he and Catherine belong together. Morgan denigrates Bramwell to Catherine for his role in Daphne's deterioration. Bramwell is distraught. Daphne commends Bramwell to Catherine. Daphne tells Bramwell to not feel guilty, and then she falls into a coma. Morgan tells Julia that Quentin is searching for Gabriel and will kill him if he can. Melanie tells Julia that she knows that both Carrie and Julia knows who her parents are and won't reveal it, and that she can no longer trust Julia. Morgan and Julia visit the locked room in daytime in an attempt to learn its secrets.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge Collins (PT)
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1233.
- Final time an episode is narrated by Jonathan Frid.
- Closing credits scene: Hallway outside the locked room.
- The doctor, a specialist, from Boston will be arriving soon to see Daphne.
- Quentin is out searching for Gabriel.
- It is safe to go into the locked room during the daylight.
- TIMELINE: The doctor from Boston will be arriving tomorrow. Day 452 begins, and will end in 1239. It was last night when Carrie found out who Melanie's mother is. 9:10am: Morgan and Julia in the drawing room.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Morgan says his lines wrong. “Before Gabriel went into that room, he promised Quentin that if he came out mad, that he would kill him. “ Instead of saying Quentin, he should have said Gabriel. He finishes it up with, “Until this point, Gabriel… Quinten hasn’t been able to bring himself to it.”