Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 1234 →|
March 12, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1234|
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1841, a time of terror and tragedy for the Collins family. For over a century and a half they have lived under a terrible curse put on them by their own ancestor, Brutus Collins. And they know that soon one of them will be chosen to enter the locked room in the west wing, the room that has brought death and madness to all who have entered it. But on this night the adopted Melanie Collins, with the help of Carrie Stokes, is determined to learn who her real parents were. She is unaware of what a shock is in store for her.
Julia interrupts Carrie before she can tell Melanie who her mother is. Julia accuses Carrie of knowing who Melanie's mother is; Julia makes Carrie promise never to tell Melanie. Gabriel tries to convince Flora to let him out of the tower room. Flora consults the family, everyone believes he should stay locked up. Gabriel escapes from the tower room.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Flora Collins (PT)
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- Kathy Cody as Carrie Stokes (PT)
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins (PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1237.
- The opening narration gives the year as 1841 for the first time.
- Following the sudden departure of David Selby from the series due to appendicitis, it would appear lines originally intended for Quentin were instead given to Morgan. Notably in this episode, Morgan is uncharacteristically low-key, and it would have been more plausible for the ex-con Quentin, who had served seven years in prison, to tell Gabriel he understood about being locked up and bored.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood foyer.
- Flora hasn't been to the Old House in years.
- Quentin is in the village, (explanation given for his absence at family meeting).
- TIMELINE: 10pm: It was an hour ago when Julia went to see Gabriel.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- When Flora walks out of the room Gabriel is locked in, you can see Julia standing in the hallway next to a camera.