Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 1232 →|
March 5, 1971
|We have 4 images of Dark Shadows 1232|
Daphne becomes unwell from a terminal illness and will soon die.
- For over a century and a half the Collins family has lived under the curse of the mysterious locked room in the abandoned west wing. Morgan Collins spent a night in the room and when he came out in the morning the family discovered that he had been possessed by the spirit of a man who had died in 1680. On this night, the family tried to exorcise that spirit from Morgan's body. The attempt failed, but in it's wake the family learned what no Collins has ever known... how and why the curse began.
James Forsythe's spirit leaves Morgan, he returns to normal. Bramwell finds that his ship will be arriving which will make him wealthy. Morgan finds that Bramwell has been coming to Collinwood while he was possessed. Daphne becomes ill. Bramwell finds that Daphne is sick, Josette tells him that Daphne is dying.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Josette: (to Bramwell) No man can divide his love between two women. You're still in love with Catherine and you know it.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge Collins (PT)
- Mary Cooper as Josette DuPres Collins (PT)
Background information and notes Edit
- Daphne's room in the Old House is the same set as the set commonly used as a hotel room or a cabin, and is the set where Peter Bradford fled with Victoria Winters in 452, where Adam killed Eve in 626, where Sabrina Stuart was held prisoner in 974.
- The playing cards Josette is using for solitaire feature jumbo indices. Although indices were becoming more common by the mid-1800s of the real world, jumbo indices were not available until the early 20th century.
- This is the seventy-seventh and final episode with no pre-Barnabas cast members.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood drawing room, (appears to be same shot as used for 1230).
- Bramwell is to meet Daniel Cabot in the village for news of his ship which will make him wealthy.
- The Stokes cottage is mentioned.
- Dr. Fletcher is mentioned.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Daphne: (recalling Bramwell's words about Catherine, in his voice).
- TIMELINE: Morgan has been possessed by James Forsythe for over a week, (since 1222). 11:05pm: Bramwell returns to the Old House. Bramwell is to meet Daniel Cabot at midnight.