|← 1230 →|
March 3, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1230|
- For over a century and a half a curse has stalked the Collins family. Since 1880 [sic], all who have entered the legendary locked room have met with either death or madness. Most recently it was Morgan Collins who entered the room. When he emerged, the family soon learned that Morgan had been possessed by the spirit of James Forsythe, who died in 1680. In his possessed state, Morgan has shown no signs of violence, but this night will see him change.
Quentin stops Morgan from killing Julia, and locks him up. Quentin plans a séance to release the spirit of James Forsythe from Morgan. Catherine drugs Morgan so they can take him to the seance. Morgan runs off during the seance; later Julia finds him and he agrees to tell her the truth of what happened in 1680.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1841 PT)
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Thayer David as Ben Stokes (PT)
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins / James Forsythe
- Kathy Cody as Carrie Stokes (PT)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1227.
- Thayer David returns to the cast after an absence of 30 episodes. First appearance of character Ben Stokes (PT). This was the eighth and final character played by David in the original series.
- Final appearance of actor David Selby and the character Quentin Collins (1841 PT). Selby had to leave the series at this point due to appendicitis, and by the time he was well enough to return production had concluded. Quentin's whereabouts will be mentioned in 1234 (in the village), 1235 (out searching for Gabirel), 1237 (in the study), and 1240 (gone to Boston).
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood drawing room.
- Ben has returned from Boston.
- GHOSTWATCH: James senses Brutus Collins' spirit. Later, Quentin, Julia, Morgan, Carrie, Catherine and Ben hold a seance in an attempt to contact James Forsythe, who speaks through Morgan.
- This is final instance of a seance in the series.
- TIMELINE: It was last week the first time Morgan, as James, visited Carrie at the cottage, (occurred in 1223). 11:15pm: Quentin returns to Collinwood.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Keith Prentice trips over the line: "I'm going to get out somehow and when I do I'm going to kill you. I'm going to kill every Morga... I can get my hands on! Do you hear me? Do you hear me!?" He should have said "Collins" instead of "Morgan".
- The opening narration states the family curse started in 1880, when in fact it was 1680.
- David Selby accidentally backs into the edge of the door when locking Morgan in a room.
- As the seance begins, a stagehand can be seen closing the door.
- This is another "green camera" episode, one camera has a green tint to it.