|← 1224 →|
February 23, 1971
|We have 5 images of Dark Shadows 1224|
- The great house at Collinwood in the world of Parallel Time. On the terrifying night that has just passed, Catherine Collins was chosen by lottery to go into the locked room in the abandoned west wing. But at the last moment her place was taken by her husband, Morgan. Morgan survived the night in the room, but he was changed, possessed by some alien spirit. Now in the caretaker's cottage on the grounds, Catherine and Julia are soon to learn his new identity.
Catherine and Julia discover Morgan in the cottage, standing before Carrie who is in a trance. When they awaken her, Carrie announces that she knows who Morgan is, James Forsythe. Julia accuses James Forsythe of being the man who put the curse on the Collins family; he claims that he was not responsible. Catherine has another fainting spell. Bramwell visits Catherine, Julia catches them together. Bramwell and Daphne argue about his going to see Catherine. Morgan (James) finds the skeleton of Sarah Forsythe buried in the basement of the cottage. The ghost of Brutus Collins appears to Morgan.
Memorable quotes Edit
- James: I don't like to be followed. I go as I please and I do as I please.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge Collins (PT)
- Kathy Cody as Carrie Stokes (PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins / James Forsythe
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the seventy-fifth episode with no pre-Barnabas cast members.
- Closing credits scene: Fishing shack.
- Sarah was very loyal and devoted to James and died because of it.
- Brutus' journal reads:
- "And as for Sarah, she is the soul of treachery, pretending loyalty to me, but all the time betraying me to her brother, just as Amanda has been doing. Sarah went to the cottage expecting to find the lovers in their trysting place, instead she found me, Brutus Collins, and now she is dead, buried where no one will ever find her!"