Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 1221 →|
February 16, 1971
|We have 9 images of Dark Shadows 1221|
- For over a century and a half, the Collins family has been haunted by a mysterious curse. To appease the evil spirit, one member of each generation has been chosen by lottery to spend a night in a mysterious locked room. All who have remained there have either died or gone insane. When Gabriel Collins drew the marked lottery slip he hired a villager to take his place, but the villager was discovered dead, and Gabriel roams the wood insane. Today the lottery has been held again, this time it is Catherine Collins who has been chosen.
Julia tells Daphne and Bramwell of Catherine's being chosen in the lottery. When they learn this they each try to dissuade her separately. Daphne pleads with her sister at Collinwood, but is interrupted by Morgan. Bramwell meets Catherine secretly at the gazeebo and pleads on behalf of their unborn child, but Catherine insists that she is saving both her and their child from the misery that the curse brings.
When the time comes for Catherine to enter the room, she finds that Morgan has locked himself in, determined to take his wife's place.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Bramwell: In times of crisis, one can never completely erase the past. Memories come back... memories that demand certain actions.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge Collins (PT)
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- Final time an episode is narrated by Kate Jackson.
- This is the seventy-fourth episode with no pre-Barnabas cast members.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood gazebo.
- Morgan's behavior in this episode where he refuses to let Catherine spend a night in the locked room contrasts with his actions in 1243 where he forces her to stay in the room.
- The portrait of Barnabas is given to Bramwell as a wedding gift. Daphne, remarks on the resemblance between Barnabas and Bramwell. (It will be next seen hanging in the foyer at Collinwood in 1245.)
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Bramwell: (recalling Catherine's words about pregnancy).
- TIMELINE: Catherine will enter the locked room at dusk. Daphne has been married to Bramwell for less than a day, (occurred in 1219). 5:10pm: Catherine is led to the room.