|← 1217 →|
February 12, 1971
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 1217|
- Collinwood in Parallel Time; a night of tension and anxiety for those in the great house. Gabriel Collins has run away after hiring a stranger to take his place in the locked room and this has brought new trouble to the embattled family. They have learned they must have the lottery again, for a Collins must spend the night in the room. So, frantic, they search for Gabriel, knowing that he spent enough time in the room to give them a clue to the curse. And, while they hunt him, Kendrick Young, unaware that any of this has happened, waits in the drawing room for Melanie.
Gabriel stabs Kendrick (wounding him); Morgan searches for Gabriel. Catherine is upset that Daphne is spending so much time with Bramwell. Gabriel tries to kill Daphne, Bramwell chases him off. Daphne announces that she is going to marry Bramwell. Catherine goes to Bramwell.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Kendrick: You're insane!
- Gabriel: You're wrong. I've been insane for years. I've become sane just a short time ago.
- Kendrick: I'm beginning to believe the only sane person in this house is Melanie.
- Daphne: There are many sane people in this house, Mr. Young. They've just lived through experiences you can't even imagine.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge (PT)
- John Karlen as Kendrick Young
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins (PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- Penultimate episode written by Sam Hall. He would be absent until final episode in order to focus on the scripting of the film Night of Dark Shadows.
- Closing credits scene: Main entrance in the Collinwood (1841 PT) foyer.
- It would seem the Old House is a no more than a ten minute walk from the main Collinwood (1841 PT) building, as Catherine manages to get there and back in twenty minutes.
- The portrait of Brutus Collins appears.
- The secret panel in the drawing room is activated by a lever on the inside.
- TIMELINE: 11:35pm: Catherine and Morgan in the drawing room. Morgan wants to hold the lottery tomorrow. Day 447 begins, and will end in 1222. 12:30am: Daphne arrives at Collinwood.