|← 1216 →|
February 11, 1971
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 1216|
- The great house at Collinwood in the mysterious frightening world of Parallel Time; for many generations the Collins family has lived under a curse. Somewhere in the abandoned west wing of the house there is a locked room. Once during each generation a member of the family is chosen by lottery to spend a night in the room. All who have done so have either died or gone insane. Recently, the lottery was held again and Gabriel Collins was chosen. Unbeknownst to the family, Gabriel hired another man to take his place. The man was found dead in the morning. Since then, the family has been convinced that the curse has been appeased, but on this night something has happened that will make them see how wrong they are.
Quentin and Julia realize the lottery must be held again. Quentin tries to find out information about James Forsythe from Carrie Stokes. Kendrick and Melanie continue to fall in love; Julia catches them together and tries to pay Kendrick to leave Collinsport, he refuses. Gabriel, now mad, shows up at Collinwood and tries to kill Kendrick.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1841 PT)
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- Kathy Cody as Carrie Stokes (PT)
- John Karlen as Kendrick Young
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins (PT)
Background information and notes Edit
- Actor Christopher Pennock appears only briefly in this episode. Other than a shot of him in the reprise during the narration, he features only in a short scene at the end.
- Closing credits scene: Gatehouse.
- Kendrick is from Boston, when he was there he worked as a clerk in the Customs Office. He had a flat overlooking the harbor. He used to paint as a hobby.
- TIMELINE: 7:10am/pm? at the start of the episode.