|← 1215 →|
February 10, 1971
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 1215|
- Dawn comes to Collinwood in Parallel Time; a dawn the family in the great house has awaited anxiously, for at dusk the night before Gabriel walked down the dark corridor to the doors of the locked room. Chosen by lottery, he was locked in the mysterious room from which no Collins has emerged sane and alive. And now, with the dawn, the time has come for the doors to be unlocked, and Morgan goes to the room not knowing what he will find inside.
Morgan and Flora realize that Gabriel paid a friend, Tim Braithwaite, to trade places with him. Carrie delivers a message from Gabriel. Carrie has a vision of where Gabriel is hiding. Justin Collins' ghost warns that the lottery must be held again. In the Collins the mausoleum Flora finds the name plaque for Justin Collins lying on the floor, broken.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Flora Collins (PT)
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
- Kathy Cody as Carrie Stokes (PT)
- David Hurst as Justin Collins
- John Kuhner as Tim Braithwaite (PT)
Background information and notes Edit
- Kathy Cody returns to the cast after an absence of 28 episodes. First appearance of character Carrie Stokes (PT). This was the third and final character played by Cody in the original series.
- Final appearance of character Justin Collins.
- The Gatehouse set is the same as that used for Catherine's home, is known as the cottage in the main time-band
- Final appearance of the Collins Mausoleum, which hadn't been seen since 1130 (interior) and 1163 (exterior).
- Closing credits scene: Graveyard.
- The memorial plague for Justin Collins reads: Born: 1778, Died: 1841. Which made him 63 years old at the time of death. The plaque, as seen here, is deliberately cracked across the birth year. This is the first time a year of 1841 is used in relation to this storyline. Justin's on-screen death is seen in 1200, suggesting it was 1841 then, but then memorial plaques have previously been seen to be inaccurate. So it probably should have read 1840 for the year of death as the narration for 1210 stated the year to be 1840.
- How Gabriel managed to switch places with Tim Braithwaite in the locked room is never addressed. Was there a second key or secret exit known only to Gabriel? (Perhaps, Tim Braithwaite found the only key to the room, let Gabriel out and then replaced the key without anyone knowing.)
- Carrie and Gerard Stiles found the missing McManus girl using their psychic abilities.
- Carrie and her father live at the Gatehouse situated on Collinwood grounds.
- The landscape named The Bridge Over Biddleford Creek was painted sometime in the last century before Flora was born. It is a picture of a rope bridge. There is a stone bridge at the site now.
- GHOSTWATCH: Justin's ghost appears to Melanie.
- TIMELINE: Dawn at the start of the episode. Last night, Gabriel spent the night in the locked room. 6:30am: Melanie in the drawing room. 7am/pm?: Melanie sees Justin's ghost.