Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 1211 →|
February 4, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1211|
- Collinwood in Parallel Time. There's an atmosphere of terror in the great house, for the Collins family lives under a curse that has haunted them for 160 years. In the long-abandoned west wing of the house there is a locked room. Once during each generation a member of the family, chosen by lottery, must spend the night in that room. Of the six people who have gone into the room, two have died and the others have emerged totally mad. On this night a seance was held to try and learn the secret of the curse. But instead the seance produced only a warning, that tragedy would strike before the night is over.
Flora tells everyone that the lottery must be held, otherwise Melanie will die of the plague. At Morgan's and Quentin's objections Flora demands that everyone including the women participate in the lottery. Morgan and Quentin criticize Gabriel (who is an alcoholic and a coward) for siding with the women and allowing them to participate in the lottery. Flora prepares the slips of paper, whoever draws the slip with the X will spend the night in the locked room; the lottery begins.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Quentin: (to Gabriel) You know something? If a historian ever compiles a list of losers, you'll stand as a monument.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Flora Collins (PT)
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins (PT)
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1841 PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- Quentin has gone to fetch Dr. Fletcher for Melanie.
- Historically, women have always participated in the lottery.
- TIMELINE: According to narration, the seance was held this night, (occurred in 1209. Melanie started showing symptoms of the plague an hour ago, (occurred in 1210). Day 445 begins, and will end in 1214. The lottery is to be held tonight.