|← 121 →|
December 5, 1966
|We have 5 images of Dark Shadows 121|
- My name is Victoria Winters. There is grave concern at Collinwood for my whereabouts are still unknown. The searchers move farther and farther away from where I'm hidden. But there is one, who unsuspecting, has come very close to finding me.
Mrs. Johnson talks morbidly about Victoria and meanly about Matthew. Elizabeth feels awful about the whole mess, and partially responsible. Sheriff Patterson drops by, but he has no news of Victoria. Elizabeth wants to turn back time and make everything right, but doesn't say why. Being brutally frank at Elizabeth's orders, the Sheriff admits he doesn't hold out much hope of finding Victoria.
At 11:07, Mrs. Johnson is humorously jabbing at the Sheriff while attempting to interrogate David about her missing cigarettes. Later, at 12:45, David talks to the Sheriff and there's an actual punchline that constitutes one of the extremely few moments of actual comic relief in the series thus far. Also, David learns that the Sheriff believes that anyone who helped Matthew would be in danger from the killer and then face jail.
The Sheriff gets a picture of Victoria which he promises to return after sending a copy to Missing Persons. David asks Elizabeth about the Sheriff's claim; he thought it was good to help people. David asks if there are any secrets about the walls of the Old House. Mrs. Johnson continues to suspect David of mischief. David goes back to the Old House, where an increasingly psychotic Matthew increases his psychoses. David tells Matthew that the Sheriff's only leaving a few men around here. Matthew continues to warp David's mind. David doesn't want to go to jail.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Mrs. Johnson: (to Sheriff Patterson) What a police department! You could have a hundred clues and fifty eyewitnesses and you wouldn't solve the case!
- Mrs. Johnson: (to David about Sheriff Patterson) When the cannery whistle blows at noon he knows it's time for lunch. That to him is a clue and accounts for the size of him!
- David: What does it mean when the cannery whistle blows?
- Sheriff Patterson: Lunch.
- Mrs. Johnson: Look here, I want to ask you something.
- David: But I've got to go.
- Mrs. Johnson: I want to ask you something.
- David: Can't it wait?
- Mrs. Johnson: No it cannot.
- David: What is it?
- Mrs. Johnson: This morning, I remember lighting a cigarette when I was talking with you and I put the pack on the table.
- David: Are you supposed to smoke while you're working?
- Mrs. Johnson: Now don't talk to me like that. I'm telling you that I put a package of cigarettes in front of you on the table, and I haven't seen them since.
- David: So what do you want with me?
- Mrs. Johnson: Do you know where they are?
- David: How would I know?
- Mrs. Johnson: I think you do.
- David: I don't know where they are. Maybe you should look harder.
- Mrs. Johnson: I've looked very hard. And it looks very suspicious to me.
- David: Well, maybe they walked off by themselves.
- Mrs. Johnson: Oh, come'ere. [Grabs David's right hand]
- David: What are you do--? Let go of my hand.
- Mrs. Johnson: No, I guess not.
- David: What did you do that for?
- Mrs. Johnson: I was looking to see if you had yellow fingers, if you've started smoking.
- David: You thought I took your cigarettes, to smoke?
- Mrs. Johnson: That's the idea. You're the only one around here who would.
- David: Mrs. Johnson, if I wanted cigarettes, I wouldn't steal them. I'd buy them.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard →
- ← Thayer David as Matthew Morgan →
- ← Clarice Blackburn as Sarah Johnson →
- ← Dana Elcar as George Patterson →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →