|← 1207/1208 →|
February 1, 1971
|We have 0 images of Dark Shadows 1207/1208|
- The great house at Collinwood in the strange and disturbing world of Parallel Time. Recently Bramwell Collins returned to the estate after a five year absence to claim the woman he has always loved, Catherine Harridge. Bramwell learned to his great shock that Catherine has made plans to marry his cousin Morgan. On this night, Bramwell made his second attempt to stop the marriage. The offended Morgan has challenged Bramwell to a duel in which both men have pledged to shoot to kill.
Morgan wounds Bramwell; Daphne goes to take care of Bramwell. Kendrick asks Gerard to use his psychic powers to help find out what happened to his sister. Morgan and Catherine get married. Gerard and Kendrick dig up what appears to be a fresh grave.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
- John Karlen as Kendrick Young
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge (PT)
- James Storm as Gerard Stiles (PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- First appearance of character Gerard Stiles (PT). This was the second and final character played by actor James Storm in the original series.
- An expected pre-emption for coverage of the splashdown of Apollo 14 occurred here, which was shown instead of Dark Shadows. This episode is "double numbered" with the next one 1208 (1207/1208), in order to keep the production numbers balanced with the calendar, i.e. Friday episodes ending in a 5 or 0.
- Closing credits scene: Blue Whale interior.
- Daphne and Catherine's father was a doctor.
- The Old House appears to be situated in the direction facing the drawing room window.
- Gerard was a seafaring man once, working for the Collins family on one of their whaling vessels. It was there he discovered his psychic abilities.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Bramwell: (recalling Catherine's words about killing Morgan).
- TIMELINE: It was last night when Morgan and Catherine nearly married, (occurred in 1205). 8:45pm: Morgan and Catherine announce they are married.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Stella is stated to have disappeared three weeks ago, (she was attacked in 1189). In the next episode it is stated to have been two weeks ago which is consistent with that of 1202.
- After Morgan brings in the champagne to celebrate his wedding, the camera pulls back too far and you can momentarily see the edge of the set.