|← 1206 →|
January 29, 1971
|We have 9 images of Dark Shadows 1206|
- A night of torment in the great estate of Collinwood in Parallel Time, for Catherine Harridge this is a night of decision; frightened by the intensity of her old feeling for the ardent Bramwell, aware of her obligations to her fiance, Morgan Collins, Catherine decides a solution to her life is an immediate marriage ceremony. And so she takes a step which may mean tragedy to all three people.
Bramwell interrupts the wedding ceremony and a fight errupts between him and Morgan. Melanie goes to see Josette; Melanie plans to find who her real parents are. Bramwell is forbidden from ever going back to Collinwood. Morgan challenges Bramwell to a duel. Catherine begs Bramwell not to duel Morgan; she threatens to kill herself if he kills Morgan. Bramwell and Morgan prepare for the duel.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge
- Mary Cooper as Josette DuPres Collins (PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
- Emory Bass as a Minister
Background information and notes Edit
- In the real world, Maine adopted its first anti-dueling laws in the year 1820 authorizing a $1,000 fine to challenge someone to a duel or for accepting such a challenge. Maine in 1838 also added a $100 fine for ridiculing someone who refuses to fight a duel.
- Closing credits scene: Morgan's room.
- Josette's husband is Barnabas Collins. He died two years before Justin adopted Melanie. Josette comments on how much Bramwell is like his father.
- TIMELINE: Josette has been in Boston for three days. 10:40pm: Catherine finds Morgan gone. The duel will take place at dawn. Day 444 begins, and will end in 1211.