|← 1205 →|
January 28, 1971
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 1205|
- Collinwood in Parallel Time, and the family awaits the drawing of lots to learn which of this generation must spend the night in the locked room, the room in which all of the members of the family before were found dead or insane. This night, the secretary, Stella, is discovered stabbed to death in the west tower by Flora and Julia, who are responsible for placing her there. They fear that Melanie murdered her in another seizure of the madness that overtakes her, but they find Melanie's room empty, for she has gone to the room of the lottery, the room of the Collins's curse.
Julia tells Morgan of how she and Flora had hidden Stella in the tower, and of her death. Morgan reluctantly agrees to help them dispose of the body. Bramwell visits Catherine and reminds her of their last encounter. She very nearly bends to his will, but at the last moment finds the strength to resist and declares her resolution to marry Morgan.
Melanie meets Kendrick at the gazebo and is clearly upset. She finds herself attracted to Kendrick, but unable to tell the truth about Stella's death. Kendrick responds with warmth and compassion over her distress, and kisses her. Melanie bursts into tears and runs away.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Catherine: Don't be gentle. Frighten me, threaten me, make me run away from you, but please, don't be gentle with me.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- John Karlen as Kendrick Young
- Emory Bass as Minister
Background information and notes Edit
- Final time an episode ends with Dan Curtis Productions, Inc. written in text instead of the usual logo.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood gazebo.
- Morgan and Catherine have had their marriage license for days.
- TIMELINE: It was yesterday when Catherine said she loved Bramwell. 7:35pm: Catherine arrives at Collinwood. 9:10pm: The wedding ceremony begins, (also occurs in 1206).