|← 1203 →|
January 26, 1971
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 1203|
- The great house at Collinwood in the strange and disturbing world of Parallel Time, a time in which the Collins family lives in a state of terrible fear, haunted by an incident from the distant past. Among the townspeople of Collinsport, there were stories and rumors of a frightening secret at Collinwood, a secret concerning a locked room. On this night, Catherine Harridge, betrothed to Morgan Collins, will learn part of that secret, and it may cost her her life.
Melanie attempts to stab Catherine but is stopped by Julia. Morgan explains Melanie's condition to Catherine. Quentin tries to talk Julia into sending Melanie away, but Julia absolutely refuses. Daphne tries to talk Catherine out of marrying Morgan.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1841 PT)
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge (PT)
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1200.
- Final appearance of the East wing parlour. In the previous parallel time storyline, that of 1970 PT, this room featured prominently throughout.
- Melanie plays Chopin's Ballade no. 4 in F Minor, op. 52. Frédéric Chopin composed this ballade during the summer of 1842, it was published in 1843.
- Closing credits scene: East wing parlor.
- Ten years ago Justin went into the locked room, and Melanie went in after him.
- The day Daphne met Ezra Robinson is mentioned, details of this encounter were given in 1195.
- The cook at Collinwood was dismissed by Julia after dinner.
- TIMELINE: It was last night when Melanie attacked Catherine.