Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 1201 →|
January 21, 1971
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 1201|
- The great house at Collinwood in the intriguing world of Parallel Time, a world in which the Collins family is surrounded by mystery. For many years there has been talk among the townspeople of a strange room in the great house, a room which is always kept locked for reasons known to no one outside the family. According to the legend, six people have slept in the room and each of them has either died or come out stark raving mad. On this night the master of the house has died, and Morgan Collins, the oldest son, has made preparations for a strange ritual which takes place once during each generation. A ritual which decides who will be the latest to enter the room.
Morgan tells Catherine about the lottery and the locked room. Morgan prepares the lottery, Flora demands that the women be included. Catherine burns the lottery slips declaring it nonsense and asks Morgan to marry her immediately. When she realizes she cannot convince anyone, she asks to postpone the lottery until after she and Morgan can be married. Bramwell kidnaps Catherine intent on stopping her from marring Morgan.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Flora Collins (PT)
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins (PT)
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1841 PT)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1199.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood study.
- Morgan is the eldest son.
- TIMELINE: 12:40am: Catherine arrives. The lottery is always held within one or two days after the death of the master of the house, it is postposed until tomorrow.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Lara Parker says "Joshua" instead of "Justin".
- At the end of the previous episode, Morgan cut three long and wide strips using the full length of a yellow paper and at the beginning of this episode he cuts what appears to be three narrow strips across the width of a white paper laying down and leaving most of the paper uncut.