|← 1200 →|
January 25, 1971
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 1200|
- Collinwood in Parallel Time, and the fate of all who live at the great house depends on Justin Collins' struggle to live, for when he dies one member of the family, chosen by lottery, must spend the night in a mysterious room. A night which will bring death or madness to the unlucky man. But if he survives the curse will be ended. So the family waits, hoping Justin's time has not come. But their only assurance is that no one has seen the specter of the Woman in White, a figure who always appears before the death and the lottery to come.
Justin Collins is near death. Gabriel is scared that he might be chosen in the lottery and considers ways to get out of it. Justin, mad, feels compelled to go to the locked room. Justin collapses and dies. Morgan plans to hold the lottery as Justin instructed.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1841PT)
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
- David Hurst as Justin Collins
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins (PT)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1202.
- Closing credits scene: Hallway outside the locked room.
- Brutus Collins' letter reads:
- "To my children: There is a curse upon our family, on this house, I sit this night in the room where it started, knowing I must stay until morning and confront our enemies. If I live through the night, come from this room in sound mind, this letter will never be read, but if I should die, or be changed by what must happen here, then one of you must do what I am doing now. The curse will continue, the room is quiet now, but I have the feeling it will not be for long. My children, what a heritage to leave you, you must choose the one to enter the room fairly, I would suggest a lottery, you will know when the time comes, one of you will see the specter of a woman in white. I will not explain why this curse started, but I know in the depths of my soul that it is useless to run, to leave this house we love so much, and if you do not follow what I have said, doom and destruction will come to you all. I write this hoping that in the morning I will burn it, but I fear not. Written on this day, the 10th of March, 1680, Brutus Collins."
- GHOSTWATCH: Melanie sees the Woman in White. Justin saw her when his father died.
- TIMELINE: Day 442 begins, and will end in 1204. 12am: Morgan reads the letter. Justin's coffin is now in his coffin.