Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 1193 →|
January 12, 1971
|We have 4 images of Dark Shadows 1193|
- The great house of Collinwood in the year 1840. On this dark and fateful night, Quentin Collins remains a fugitive from justice. Fearing he will never be able to clear his good name, he has made plans to leave Collinsport forever. Meanwhile, on the cold and barren cliff known as Widows' Hill, a strange confrontation is about to occur, one which will alter the future of Quentin Collins and his beloved Daphne.
Samantha falls to her death from Widow's Hill. Joanna casually returns to Collinwood. Gerard finds Samantha's body and carries it back to Collinwood.
In parallel time, Kendrick tries to find out what happened to his sister Stella. He does not believe the story that the Collins family have given him. He questions Samantha Drew, but she insists that she doesn't know. She is later confronted by Julia Collins, who demands to know everything Kendrick said to her.
Quentin and Daphne prepare to leave Collinsport, and Quentin asks Daphne to marry him. However, Gerard has followed her.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Daphne: First Edith, then Gabriel, now Samantha. Three deaths in twenty-four hours. There seems to be no end to the tragedy in this house.
- Daphne: I saw people who are just as troubled as we are, perhaps even more so. I guess it doesn't really make any difference what band of time you live in. People are different but their problems and fears are just the same as ours.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman / Julia Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1840)
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge
- Lee Beery as Joanna Mills
- John Karlen as Desmond Collins / Kendrick Young
- James Storm as Gerard Stiles / Judah Zachary
- Virginia Vestoff as Samantha Drew Collins / Samantha Drew (PT)
Background information and notes Edit
- Final appearance of actress Lee Beery and the character Joanna Mills.
- Final appearance of actress Virginia Vestoff and the characters of Samantha Drew Collins and Samantha Drew (PT).
- Final time an episode is narrated by James Storm.
- Closing credits scene: Statue in woodland.
- The Parallel Time scene that occurs in this episode is unusual as part of it takes place outside, which means Daphne, who observing events from the main time-band is patiently standing there watching Julia watch Kendrick and Samantha (PT) out of the window.
- The Trask Memorial Chapel will be handling the funerals of both Samantha and Edith. (Maybe they have a 2 for 1 offer on?)
- Edith's body was found the previous night by one of the servants.
- TIMELINE: It was earlier this evening when Samantha shot Joanna, (occurred in 1192). Dawn soon. Edith, Gabriel and Samantha all died with the past 24 hours, (Edith died in 1186, Gabriel died in 1191, and Samantha dies in this episode). Edith's body was found last night. Quentin plans to leave tomorrow morning at 3am. 8:45pm: Julia leaves Collinwood.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Lee Beery flubs when she tells Daphne that "at three o'clock you and Daphne will be free."
- After her fall from Widows' Hill, Samantha looks more like she bumped into a wall rather than falling off a cliff to her death.
- Quentin mentions that he will take Tad to Europe with him and that the next time Gerard sees Tad, Tad will be 21 years old and the Master of Collinwood. However, Daniel's will clearly stated that if Tad was ever to leave Collinwood, he would forfeit his right to the Collins fortune. This point was stressed several episodes previously after Daniel's revised will was read naming Gerard as the 'interim-heir' until Tad turns 21 years old. Samantha, concerned for Tad's safety, was planning take him and leave Collinwood, but reconsidered after being reminded that he would lose his claim to the family fortune.