|← 1190 →|
January 7, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1190|
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1840, on a terror-filled night when a great search is being conducted. One is for Quentin Collins who has escaped jail with his friend Desmond. The other is for Daphne Harridge, who has been abducted by Gabriel Collins, and is being held prisoner in the abandoned east wing of Collinwood. In that same east wing, Gabriel has discovered a room, which exists in a parallel band of time, where people look the same, but lead different lives. He has been shocked to discover his own counterpart in that world, and he is soon to learn that there is a dark and terrifying secret in that other Collinwood.
Joanna accepts that Quentin now loves Daphne, then searches for Daphne at Quentin's request. Daphne finds a secret passage and is able to escape from where Gabriel locked her up. Daphne gets lost. Joanna sees parallel time in which Melanie Collins asks what happened to Stella. Daphne finally finds a way out of the corridors but is re-captured by Gabriel.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Gabriel (PT): Melanie, haven't you lived here long enough to know that you can't ask questions around here? They're never answered. Things that happen, just happen.
Dramatis personae Edit
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1840)
- Nancy Barrett as Leticia Faye / Melanie Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins / Gabriel Collins (PT)
- Lee Beery as Joanna Mills
Background information and notes Edit
- First appearance of character Melanie Collins. This was the sixth role played by actress Nancy Barrett in the original series.
- Closing credits scene: Disused room in the east wing of Collinwood.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Daphne: (recalls Gabriel's words, his voice) / Lost; Joanna: Daphne.
- TIMELINE: Day 439 begins, and will end in 1194. Daphne was being fed whilst held captive, (suggesting a significant amount of time has passed since she was captured in 1188). Joanna has been gone three hours.