|← 1189 →|
January 6, 1971
|We have 11 images of Dark Shadows 1189|
- There are many secrets in the great house of Collinwood. Daphne has discovered Gabriel's secret life. He has admitted to her that he killed his own wife, Edith. But instead of killing Daphne, Gabriel decides to hold her for ransom. Ransom Gerard will gladly pay after Quentin is beheaded. So, bound and gagged, Daphne lies in an unused room in the deserted east wing. Joanna, concerned by her sister's absence, hears a noise and she goes to investigate, not knowing she is taking her life in her hands.
Joanna finds nobody and leaves. Gabriel mentions to her that he is in mourning. Joanna plans a break out for Quentin and Desmond. Joanna plans to recapture Quentin's love. Quentin and Desmond escape from prison, however Desmond is shot. When Quentin finds that Daphne is missing he refuses to leave Collinsport. Gabriel sees Stella Young attacked in parallel time.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1840)
- Nancy Barrett as Leticia Faye
- John Karlen as Desmond Collins
- Lee Beery as Joanna Mills
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins / Gabriel Collins (PT)
- Gaye Edmond as Stella Young
- Charles Rush as Guard (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- First appearance of character Gabriel Collins (PT). This was the fifth and final role played by actor Christopher Pennock in the original series.
- Closing credits scene: Abandoned fishing shack.
- There is a boat at Indian Cove leaving Collinsport for England, which Quentin is to escape on. Joanna knows the captain named Miles.
- In Parallel Time, Quentin has been away for seven years, where he spent time in prison.
- In 1204, it is revealed that Justin Collins attacked Stella as witnessed here by Gabriel.
- TIMELINE: At 11:30pm tonight the boat which Quentin is to escape on sets off. 11pm: Leticia at Collinwood with Gabriel. The boat heading for England has just left.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- As Gabriel enters the drawing room, camera cables can be seen along the floor.
- It is stated to have been tonight when Daphne attacked Gerard, as seen in 1187. However, a day change has occurred since then, so it would have been yesterday at the very least.
- Gabriel tells Joanna that he's in mourning for his wife. However, Edith's death hasn't yet been made public.
- Referring to Daphne, Gabriel tells Joanna that "I'll let your wife know if I see her."
- When Gabriel and Letisha are in the drawing room together, you can see a camera on the left side of the screen.
- The angle that Gabriel is looking in on the parallel time room is off. When he is outside looking in, the people he is watching are directly in front of him. The door he is watching from should be towards the back of the room. When the view is from the inside of the room, you can see Gabriel is farther towards the back of the room.
- Regarding the escape plan...Quentin knocks out the guard but doesn't take his gun....he takes his keys but doesn't lock him in the cell....come on, man!!! lol