|← 1188 →|
January 5, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1188|
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1840, a time of mounting terror for the Collins family. At this moment, Quentin Collins is in jail for witchcraft and is due to be publicly executed. And on this night, a murder has been committed in the house. The body of Edith Collins has been discovered in the abandoned east wing by Daphne Harridge. And the terrified Daphne is convinced she knows who the murderer is and must do something about it before her own life is taken.
Gabriel locks up Daphne in a remote part of Collinwood. Gabriel sees parallel time. In parallel time Stella Young has heard someone screaming in the tower room, and Flora warns her to mind her own business. Daphne suggests that Gabriel escape in parallel time. Joanna sees a door close and goes to investigate, Gabriel prepares to kill her.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Gabriel: All I know is there are some very peculiar things going on in this house, part of the continuous game of life and death we all seem to play here.
- Flora: This is a very old house. You must learn not to become hysterical every time you hear some strange noise in the night.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Flora Collins (PT)
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge
- James Storm as Gerard Stiles / Judah Zachery
- Virginia Vestoff as Samantha Collins
- Lee Beery as Joanna Mills
- Gaye Edmond as Stella Young
Background information and notes Edit
- First appearance of character Flora Collins (PT). This was the sixth and final role played by actress Joan Bennett in the original series.
- Final time an episode is narrated by Virginia Vestoff.
- Closing credits scene: Woodland.
- In Parallel Time, the cook at Collinwood is mentioned. She and Stella heard a terrible screaming coming from the tower room.
- Samantha tells Gerard she has put Tad on a stagecoach bound for Boston to be with relatives, who was upset over his father's conviction.
- TIMELINE: 12:30am: Gerard and Gabriel in the Collinwood foyer.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Actor James Storm flubs: "me and you" and "me and your".