|← 1187 →|
January 4, 1971
|We have 10 images of Dark Shadows 1187|
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1840, a time when no one in the Collins family was immune from the evil which held sway over the estate. On this dark and stormy night, despondent over Quentin's impending execution, Daphne Harridge wandered aimlessly into the abandoned east wing, and there discovered a strange and mystifying room in which she witnessed people she knew leading totally different lives. What she saw was an event occurring in a parallel band of time. Meanwhile in another part of the house, Gabriel Collins has strangled his wife Edith and placed the body somewhere in the same east wing that Daphne has just left.
Daphne tells Julia and Stokes about what she saw in parallel time. In parallel time Julia Collins warns Morgan that Collinwood is no place to live. Daphne finds Edith's body and suspects Gerard, she knocks him out. Later Daphne finds that Gabriel was responsible and he goes after her.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Professor Stokes: The existence of two or more worlds in different time bands running concurrently. The people you saw in that room were in effect the same as those you know in this world... but because they made different choices in their lives, obviously their behavior was different although they look the same.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman / Julia Collins
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge
- James Storm as Gerard Stiles / Judah Zachery
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins
- Thayer David as Timothy Eliot Stokes
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- First appearance of character Julia Collins. This was the fifth and final role played by actress Grayson Hall in the original series. This is the first time Hall has played a character that is a Collins family member by birth.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood drawing room.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Daphne: (recalls Gabriel's words, his voice)
- TIMELINE: According to the narration Edith died tonight. 11:45pm: Daphne and Gabriel in the drawing room. Day 438 begins, and will end in 1190.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- As Professor Stokes enters the east wing parlor, part of a camera with ABC stenciled on the top can be seen.
- When Elliot, Julia, and Daphne open the doors to the parallel time room, the camera pans back, and you can see where the set ends, usually there is a wall there, but it is removed and you can see into the room Elliot, Julia, and Daphne are standing in.