Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 1186 →|
December 31, 1970
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1186|
The judges find Quentin guilty and sentence him to be beheaded.
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1840, a time when the evil force of one man held sway over the Collins family. Posing as Quentin Collins' best friend, Gerard Stiles has masterminded a frightening plot against him, a plot that brought him to trial on a charge of practicing witchcraft. After several weeks of testimony by both sides, the trial has finally come to an end. And on this day, Quentin Collins will learn what his fate is to be.
The judges find Quentin guilty and sentence him to be beheaded. Gabriel overhears Edith with Gerard. Later Gabriel kills Edith. Daphne sees parallel time in the east wing of Collinwood.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Gerard: (to Edith) You will get what you deserve, don't worry about that, you will get yours.
- Edith: I'm going to start living before it's too late.
- Daphne: This house, why does it affect people's lives so. It does something to everyone who comes into it.
- Quentin: Did you tell him Gerard was behind the whole thing?
- Barnabas: I'm afraid, Quentin, that it is all over.
- Daphne (PT): I'm not sure that anything can ever change this house.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1840)
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge / Daphne Harridge (PT)
- Terry Crawford as Edith Collins
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge
- Christopher Pennock as Gabriel Collins
- Keith Prentice as Morgan Collins
- James Storm as Gerard Stiles / Judah Zachary
- John Beal as Judge Vail
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1184.
- The first episode of the "1841 Parallel Time" storyline. All of the remaining episodes in the "1840" storyline will feature a character visiting the Parallel Time room and observing events in the other reality. This upcoming storyline was more heavily seeded into the current storyline than the previous "1970 Parallel Time" storyline so that the audience could get used to the new set of characters as unlike previously, none of the present day characters would feature in the "1841 Parallel Time" storyline.
- First appearance of character Catherine Harridge. This was the fourth and final role played by actress Lara Parker in the original series.
- First appearance of character Daphne Harridge (PT). This was the second and final role played by actress Kate Jackson in the original series.
- First appearance of Keith Prentice and the character Morgan Collins.
- Terry Crawford returns to the cast after an absence of 22 episodes, who makes her final appearance in the original series, along with the character Edith Collins. Terry Crawford would later reprise this role in the audio play Dress Me In Dark Dreams.
- This is the sixty-eighth episode, and the second of two consecutive episodes, with no pre-Barnabas cast members.
- Closing credits scene: Collinwood drawing room.
- Quentin's Theme plays on the piano which draws Daphne to the east wing and to the Parallel Time room.
- Edith is shown to die here in the year 1840, yet the charcter had previously been shown to have been alive by the time of 1897. (It has previously been demonstrated in the series that established history can be changed, i.e. Quentin not dying in the yaer 1897. It is highly possible that although not directy involved with Edith's death, Julia and Barnabas' presence in 1840 has altered established history.)
- The east wing of Collinwood has been closed-off for years.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Daphne: This house.
- TIMELINE: Edith plans to meet Gerard at 11pm tonight. 8:20pm: Edith and Gabriel in the drawing room. 10:58pm: Edith in the drawing room, hears footsteps.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The dead Edith can be seen breathing. (Maybe she didn't die after all?)
- When Daphne is looking in on parallel time, you can see where the set ends, usually there is a wall there, but it is removed and you can see into the room Daphne is standing in.