|← 1182 →|
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1182|
- Collinwood 1840. Quentin Collins awaits the verdict in his trial for witchcraft, a crime punishable by death. On this day, Quentin's former mistress, Joanna Mills, has appeared in court to testify on his behalf. But Samantha is in terror at her return, because she has good reason to believe Joanna has returned from the dead.
Samantha explains to Judah how she pushed Joanna off a cliff. Joanna visits Daphne. Samantha believes that Joanna has come back to kill her. Judah causes Daphne to dream that she loves him. When Daphne awakes Judah asks her to marry him.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Kate Jackson as Daphne Harridge
- Virginia Vestoff as Samantha Drew Collins
- James Storm as Gerard Stiles / Judah Zachary
- Lee Beery as Joanna Mills
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1185.
- According to the Dark Shadows Almanac: Millennium Edition, this episode is unique in that the cast consists of only four actors who are all shown together in one scene.
- This is one of only six episodes in the series not to feature an actor who appeared in 200 or more episodes, along with 168, 172, 180, 1010 and 1141. In addition, this is the only episode not to feature an actor who appeared in 100 or more episodes: James Storm: 81, Kate Jackson: 70, Virginia Vestoff: 29, Lee Beery: 10.
- This is the sixty-fifth episode, the second of three consecutive episodes, and the second of four episodes in the same week, with no pre-Barnabas cast members. Without Jonathan Frid, this is the thirty-third episode, and the first of two consecutive episodes, with an all-post-Barnabas cast. This is also the fourth episode, and the first of two consecutive episodes, with no pre-Quentin cast members, and without David Selby, the second of two episodes (see also 1010) with an all-post-Quentin cast.
- There is sound bleed during much of this episode.
- Closing credits scene: Asylum garden.
- Quentin was away at sea when Samantha visited Joanna at the asylum.
- It was Daphne and Joanna's mother's birthday the last time they saw each other. Their mother was ill, and Daphne baked a cake for them, and suddenly Joanna returned having traveled a hundred miles. Whilst Joanna was present, their mother was almost as well as she was before she was taken sick.
- DREAM SEQUENCE: Daphne dreams of a romantic encounter with Gerard.
- FLASHBACK: Samantha remembers visiting Joanna at the asylum; and how she killed Joanna.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Gerard: Joanna Mills.