|← 1178 →|
December 28, 1970
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1178|
Unable to find a new lawyer, Quentin is forced to defend himself.
- Collinwood in the year 1840, a time of crisis for the Collins family. Quentin Collins is on trial for his life, and Desmond, who was defending him, has also been arrested for the same crime: witchcraft, and faces the same penalty: beheading. While the trial prepares to resume, Barnabas is unable to help them, for Lamar Trask has lured him to the cellar of his chapel where he has walled him in and left him to die.
Trask tells Gerard that Barnabas is dead. The judge only gives Quentin 3 hours to find a new lawyer to replace Desmond. Quentin is forced to defend himself. Charles calls Trask to testify. Barnabas walks into the court stating he is ready to represent Quentin.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins (1840)
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Charles Dawson
- Jerry Lacy as Lamar Trask
- James Storm as Gerard Stiles / Judah Zachary
- John Beal as Judge Vail
- Paul Kirk Giles as 2nd Judge
- Tom Markus as 3rd Judge
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 1181.
- Closing credits scene: Trask Memorial Chapel cellar.
- Lamar correctly swears on the Bible by placing his left hand upon it and raising his right. However, this is not consistent with the way Samantha was sworn in 1165 and Daphne was sworn in 1166, when each of them placed their right hands on the Bible.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Lamar: Is he dead?; Quentin: I can't believe it.
- TIMELINE: Lamar is to testify at Quentin's trial tomorrow. Day 435 begins, and will end in 1179/1180. The Judge gives Quentin until 1pm to find a new lawyer. 1pm: The trial resumes.