Quentin meets Barnabas. They later see Julia in the Parallel Time room.
- Collinwood in parallel time. A world which Barnabas Collins mysteriously entered, and in which he was then trapped in a chained coffin by the dissolute writer, William H. Loomis. But tonight, because of the intervention of a stranger, Barnabas has been given a chance to free himself. A desperate chance. But a chance he must take.
William is interviewing Barnabas about his past with Josette. As William is taking notes, Barnabas sneaks up behind him and chokes him.
Barnabas bites William and informs him that he will now be his slave. He mocks his writing abilities and then forces him to destroy the book he was writing.
At Collinwood, Quentin is sitting in the drawing room, seemingly in a state of despair and anger. Angelique walks in and asks for permission to to the Loomis House and talk to William about Barnabas. Quentin ponders over her request for a moment, and then finally decides to go do it himself.
William finishes destroying his book about Barnabas and there is a knock on the door. It's Quentin, who demands to speak with William. Barnabas goes to hide as William opens the door. Quentin demands to know everything William knows about Barnabas, and goes as far as mentioning the room in the East Wing, and why everyone there keeps talking about him. Barnabas gives in and reveals himself to Quentin, also curious about what William might have to say.
Barnabas introduces himself to Quentin as a descendant of the Barnabas Collins who died over a century ago. Quentin appears to believe his story and agrees to let him stay at Collinwood. Barnabas asks to see the room in the East Wing, and Quentin tells him he can visit at any time. Quentin eventually leaves, and Barnabas asks William to take him to the grave of the Barnabas who died in parallel time immediately, thinking there could be answers there.
Roger and Angelique are talking in the drawing room at Collinwood when Quentin returns. He tells them that he actually seen Barnabas, and they both will soon meet him.
William takes Barnabas to the cemetery and they approach the grave of the Barnabas who died in parallel time. Barnabas wonders what his life in the other time-band would have been like if he was never turned into a vampire. Barnabas begs for help, and someone appears.
The ghost of Joshua Collins appears and proclaims that this Barnabas isn't his son, and he is only protecting the family's honour. Joshua orders Barnabas to leave immediately and never return, and disappears. Barnabas decides to head to Collinwood to see the room in the East Wing.
At Collinwood, Hoffman feels that Barnabas' story is fake, but Quentin says it really is Barnabas. Barnabas shows up and asks Quentin to take him to the East Wing. The two leave as Angelique and Hoffman are shocked at Barnabas' appearance.
Quentin takes Barnabas to the East Wing. They open the doors and see Julia from the regular time-band. Julia is calling out for Barnabas, wondering if she will ever see him again.
Barnabas Collins: "Is that your final answer?" (To Will Loomis about his refusing to burn his book after being bitten by Barnabas.)
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman / Hoffman
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins / Ghost of Joshua Collins (PT)
- John Karlen as Will Loomis
- Lara Parker as Angelique Collins
Background information and notesEdit
- Final appearance of Joshua Collins (PT).
- Barnabas' bite marks are on William's neck! I think that in all previous episodes that the males have been bitten elsewhere (wrist for Willie Loomis). Women on the neck!
Bloopers and continuity errorsEdit
- In the closing credits, the "Fashions courtesy of" name is misspelled as "ORHBACHS" (instead of OHRBACHS).
- You can hear a loud cough in the background as Joshua Collins appears in the cemetery.